(this quest may give money at max level)
|Knights of the Ebon Blade +10
|To the Rise with all Due Haste!
|Blood in the Water
Cheap WoW Classic Gold
Listen to Lord-Commander Arete's tale at Death's Rise.
- Lord-Commander Arete's tale listened to.
We have much to do, but first I believe a short refresher is in order.
We death knights have a colorful past with our Scarlet friends who idiotically rest comfortably in the harbor below us to the northwest.
When you are ready for an earful, speak with me again and I shall provide enlightenment.
I suppose you think that you're ready to continue? How could you be though... you haven't yet heard the entirety of my tale!
In their folly, the Argent Crusade has chosen to turn a blind eye upon the presence of the Scarlet Onslaught. We will not.
We do not care if they might assist in the battle against the Lich King. We do not believe them worthy of existence. We will be their end, once and for all!
Lord-Commander, I would hear your tale.
- Very well, but if I were you, I would pay attention and not just blindly nod my head at what I heard.
- It begins, as all good stories do, with betrayal. Oh, it's not that we were betrayed... not at all. The Lich King raised us death knights above all others.
- Rather, it was we who betrayed him with the help of Highlord Darion Mograine.
- In the final fight at Light's Hope Chapel in the Plaguelands, with the simpletons moments away from annihilation, Tirion Fordring helped Mograine break the Lich King's hold upon him and all of the rest of us that were present.
<You nod slightly but do not complete the motion as the lord-commander narrows his eyes before he continues.>
- With the Lich King fleeing in fear of Fordring armed with the Ashbringer, we were able to easily wrest Ebon Hold from the remaining Scourge forces.
- That didn't settle things between us and the Scarlet Crusade, however.
- As the Forsaken have learned the hard way, the Scarlets cannot seem to differentiate between us and the Scourge.
- We think on our own, we have our own motivations, we have almost all of the qualities of the living, and yet to them, we are no different than the mindless slaves of the Lich King.
- Mistakenly they think we will roll over and play dead.
I thought that they now called themselves the Scarlet Onslaught?
- <The lord-commander fixes you with a stare before going on.>
- I was getting to that. Indeed when, High General Abbendis landed her forces on Northrend, she changed their name to the Scarlet Onslaught.
- It was not long before Admiral Barean Westwind presented himself to her at New Hearthglen in the Dragonblight. From all accounts, she wasn't expecting him. Nor was she expecting that he would undermine her authority and take the reins of command away from her.
- Likely you were involved with her demise, but no matter. Once she was dead, the admiral made a mysterious exit and we lost track of him.
Where did the grand admiral go?
- As I said, we lost track of him, but this is something that I'm sure you will be able to figure out for me. My suspicion is that he's down there somewhere, but my spies that have returned haven't been able to place him anywhere on the island.
- The Forsaken at Venomspite did a good job of sabotaging New Hearthglen, but the Onslaught forces that are present down there are the battle-hardened remnant from that place. Unfortunately, they picked up better equipment along the way, as well as gryphons taken from fools somewhere.
- What I'm trying to say is that this isn't going to be a stroll in the countryside, <name>, even for you.
That's fine. When do I start?
- We'll start in just a moment.
- I just want to be very clear -- we're not here to soften them up. We're not here to make a dent. We're here to put an end to the disease that calls itself the Scarlet Onslaught.
- If you don't want any part of that, if you don't have the stomach, fly away now. I want someone with us who is going to be here every day until the job's done.
- Are you that <woman/man>, <name>?
Let's finish this!
- <The lord-commander flashes a rictus grin, looking you up and down discerningly.>
- That's what I wanted to hear.
That's quite a tale, lord-commander.
- Yes, the Lich King will fall to our might. We will have our final revenge.
- But first, we will see to it that the plague known as the Scarlet Onslaught comes an end once and for all!
-  To the Rise with all Due Haste!
-  The Story Thus Far...
Optional daily side quests:
- [80 Daily] Intelligence Gathering
- [80 Daily] From Their Corpses, Rise!
-  Blood in the Water
-  You'll Need a Gryphon
- [80 Daily] No Fly Zone