You can add more to your fishing skill by catching a special fish during the Stranglethorn Vale fishing contest. You can get an enchantment of +5 to your fishing pole as one of the rewards. You can get a Lucky Fishing Hat which is a prize in the Stranglethorn Fishing contest. You can win Nat Pagle's Extreme Angling' Boots which add +5 to fishing. You can get an enchantment to gloves which adds to fishing from an enchanter.
If you want to dress like a fisherman (why wouldn't you! ! !) you can get a Lucky Fishing Hat, Blue Overalls (made by Tailors), and Knitted Sandals (bought/dropped). You can find other cool items to fit the fisherman look.
To learn expert fishing you need to buy "Expert Fishing - The Bass and You." It costs one gold. It is available from Old Man Heming in Stranglethorn Vale at Booty Bay.
To learn Artisan level you must be level 35 and have 225 fishing. Alliance players need to talk to Grimnur Stonebrand in Ironforge (The Forlon Cavern) while Horde players need to talk to Lumak in the Valley of Honor in Ogrimmar. Both quests send you to talk to Nat Pagle in Dustwallow Marsh. He's located in Tidefury Cove which is south west of Theramore Island. He sends you on a quest to collect four different rare fish throughout the world.
To become a master fisherman and have a maximum skill of 375, you need to buy a copy of "Master Fishing - The Art of Angling" from Juno Dufrain at Cenarion Refuge in Zangarmarsh. Raising your fishing skill in Outland is similar to that in Azeroth, where each region has progressively more difficult fish to catch based on the average level of the enemies there. One factor that you should take into account when picking a fishing spot is the type of fish you can catch there - different fish can be cooked into recipes that have various effects when consumed.
Raising your fishing skill from 300 to 375 won't be done quickly. You will need multiple successful catches to gain a skill point. It might behoove you to take breaks and spread out your fishing rather than trying to raise it all in one long haul. Make sure you have on your best fishing gear, including the all-important fishing lures.
- Fishing has been removed from Arathi Basin and Alterac Valley.
- The fishing timer cannot run through its duration without a fish biting.
- You can fish in The Underbog.
- You can sell cooked fish to other players. It's better than store-bought food. Fishing is almost always combined with Cooking. You should get cooking if you're going to fish.
- You can find cooking recipes for fish from certain merchants.
- Messages in a bottle have a chance of having a recipe in them.
- Some of the fishing zones are going to be pretty hard to fish in and will require bait and a good fishing pole.
- Some fish can only be caught at certain times of the day!
- Outland has a lot of great fish that can be cooked for powerful buffs.
- Some fishing areas in Outland can only be reached with a flying mount.
- New fish can now be caught in Zul'Aman and Deadwind Pass. Recipes for preparing these new fish are obtained through the daily cooking quests.