So recently, I decided to respec ret and give the most-vilified spec in WoW a swing while I leveled. I used the popular Seal/Judge Crusader, Seal of Command, Judge Command, Crusader Strike combo. But I kept forgetting to instantly re-seal Command after Judging, and as a result, I was pretty slow to kill things. I decided it was time to make a macro.
Now, I've used macros before on my rogue (usually involving pickpocketing when cheapshotting), but I had yet to make any for my pally. So I did a Google search and lo and behold, there were a ton of good paladin macro sites! These will be old hat for any experienced macroers, but for noobs like me, I figured a list would come in handy.
Macros for all!
/castsequence reset=3600 Divine Shield, Hearthstone.
- Crusader Aura with Flying Mount: This will cast Crusader Aura and mount you if you're unmounted, and cast Retribution Aura and unmount you if you're mounted. Replace the name of the mount and the aura as needed. (Note: This doesn't work with the pally ground mount, since it shares a global cooldown with the auras.)
/cast [nocombat, nomounted] Crusader Aura; [mounted] Retribution Aura;
/cast [nocombat, nomounted] Blue Windrider;
- Smart Consecration: This macro casts Rank 1 Consecration when you're out of combat and need to find a rogue, and your max rank of Consecration when you're in-combat.
/cast [nocombat] Consecration(Rank 1); Consecration
- Easy Judge: A simple macro that judges your current seal and then recasts a seal of your choice.
/cast Seal of Command
- Advanced Seal and Judge: Like the above, except you don't have to wait for a seal to be active first. Replace Seal of Command with whatever you feel like using.
/castsequence reset=30 Seal of Command, [harm] Judgement
- Quick Judge: This works well for if you want to dart in and judge Wisdom or Light before stepping back to heal.
/castsequence [harm] reset=target/shift Seal of Light, Judgement
- Crusader/Damage Seal: Okay, for this one you've got to press the shift key first to seal and judge Crusader, then you click it again to automatically seal Command if you have a two-hander and Righteousness if you have a one-hander.
/castsequence [modifier:shift] reset=30,target/combat Seal of the Crusader, Judgement;[equipped:Shields] reset=30 Seal of Righteousness, Judgement;[equipped:Two-Handed Swords/Two-Handed Maces/Two-Handed Axes/Polearms] reset=30 Seal of Command, Judgement
- Ret Spam Macro for Long Fights: This is a spam macro for retadins, which means you just hit it over and over and over again if you find pressing three different buttons intellectually taxing. I'm honestly not sure how well this one works, so test it out!
/castsequence reset=target Crusader Strike,Seal of Command,Judgement,Seal of Command,Judgement,Seal of Command,Crusader Strike,Judgement,Seal of Command,Judgement,Seal of Command,Crusader Strike,Judgement,Seal of Command,Judgement,Seal of Command
- Blessing: You can press shift to do a Greater Blessing or just click the button for a single-target Blessing.
/cast [modifier:shift] Greater Blessing of Might; Blessing of Might
- Divine Light: Make sure your next heal is a crit! Replace Holy Light with Flash of Light or Holy Shock if you want.
/cast [combat] Divine Favor
/cast [help] Holy Light; [target=targettarget] Holy Light
- Bubble Heal: You too can be annoying in battlegrounds!
/castsequence reset=300 Divine Shield, [target=player] Holy Light
- Rez Macro: Announces who you're rezzing, so that you don't cross-rez with shamans or someone,
/script local C; if(GetNumRaidMembers()>0) then C = "RAID" elseif(GetNumPartyMembers()>0) then C = "PARTY" else C = "SAY" end SendChatMessage("Resurrecting %t.", C)
- Righteous Defense Cheese: This basically turns your Righteous Defense into a taunt by casting it on the target of your target (meaning you can have the boss targeted.)
/cast [help] Righteous Defense; [target=targettarget] Righteous Defense
- Blessing of Protection Cheese: Another cheesy taunt-kinda thing which BoPs your target's target (hopefully shifting aggro to you.)
/cast [help,target=target] Blessing of Protection; [target=targettarget,help] Blessing of Protection